Winchester Craft Beer Week will be held from June 2 – June 8, 2018.
The event consists of a series of craft beer oriented events held at restaurants and ABC Off-premise locations in Winchester, VA. There will be up to 20 specified venues that will host events during the week. The events will consist of craft beer dinners, beer/food pairing menus and special beer tasting events. Winchester Craft Beer Week will be marketed in conjunction with the Hop Blossom Craft Beer Festival
Each venue will have the flexibility to determine their individual event(s) during Winchester Craft Beer Week. The events may be single-day or all-week events depending on the preference of the venue management. Concepts for these events include:
- Beer & food pairing menus. Specifically designated food items that are complemented by specifically chosen beers. These menus could be offered for the entire week or for only certain days. The menus can feature regularly offered menu items, newly/special menu items or a combination. The menu items can rotate during the week.
- “Tap Take-Over” events. Feature a specific brewery on a significant number of the restaurants draft lines. These events can also be supported by additional merchandise from the brewery that can be provided to the patrons that participate in the event. These events can be held for the entire week, or only for certain days.
- Beer dinners. These events are a more formal version of the beer & food pairing menus. They normally feature beer styles from a specific brewery that are paired with meal courses. These events usually have a higher dollar cost per participant. These events are held for a specific day and time and may have limited seating availability.
- “Steal the Pint” events. These events allow for the patrons to take home a glass with the branding of the brewery that is promoted for the event. These events can be held for the entire week, or only for certain days.
Winchester Craft Beer Week will be promoted in the following channels:
IHeartRadio Winchester will be providing a substantial number of on-air and online spots* in the weeks immediately prior to Winchester Craft Beer Week. These spots will be in support of Winchester Craft Beer Week and shared with Winchester Hop Blossom Craft Beer Festival. The radio stations are Q102, 93.3 The Fox and KISS 98.3.
- Northern Virginia Daily: 1 full-color ad placements will be dedicated to Winchester Craft Beer Week.
- Northern Virginia Daily – Old Town Paper: 1 “double-truck” (2-page, centerfold) ad will be dedicated to Winchester Craft Beer Week.
- Websites: Hop Blossom Craft Beer Festival (hopblossom.com) and Winchester Craft Beer Week (winchestercraftbeerweek.com). will have details and updates regarding the Winchester Craft Beer Week events.
- Facebook: Hop Blossom Craft Beer Festival (3500+ likes) and Winchester Craft Beer Week will both be promoting event details.
- Twitter: Hop Blossom Craft Beer Festival (@hopblossomwinc) will be tweeting event updates as they become available.
- Additional Social Media Platforms: Wincfoods.com and Untappd will be utilized as media outlets to promote Winchester Craft Beer Week.
- 13”x19” full-color posters will be printed and distributed in Winchester and surrounding areas.
- Table-top tents will be provided to participating venues.
Winchester Craft Beer Week Passport: Event attendees will be offered a “Passport” at each venue. The Passport can be stamped by each of the venues that are participating in Winchester Craft Beer Week. Once an individual has their passport stamped at each location, they will be able to present the completed passport in exchange for a promotional item. All of the needed material to support the “Passport Promotion” will be provided to the venues including blank passports, venue-specific stamps, and stamp pads.
Additional Benefits: Hop Blossom Craft Beer Festival Sponsorship.
All participating venues will receive the promotional consideration of a sponsor to the Hop Blossom Craft Beer Festival at the level of a $500 cash sponsor. The benefits for the $500 level are:
- Four standard tickets to the Hop Blossom Craft Beer Festival.
- Logo placement and links on the Hop Blossom website (www.hopblossom.com).
- Logo placement on the event program.
- Promotional mentions on the Hop Blossom Facebook page.
- Option to be a location for sales of tickets for Hop Blossom Craft Beer Week.
Event Support: The organizers of Hop Blossom Craft Beer Festival will assist any of the participating venues to engage the selected breweries to help acquire direct support in terms of discounted (or free merchandise) and special beer styles that would be of interest to craft beer enthusiasts.
Event Venue Fees and Obligations
There is both a financial and marketing commitment required for venues to participate in Winchester Craft Beer Week.
- Each participating venue will be charged a fee of $500 to participate in Winchester Craft Beer Week. Previously participating venues are charged $400.
- Each participating venue will commit to display promotional materials in support of Winchester Craft Beer Week and Hop Blossom Craft Beer Festival during the 3 weeks prior to Winchester Craft Beer Week. The promotional materials will consist of posters (13”x19”) and/or table top tents. Details for placement of promotional materials will be determined with due consideration to each venue’s décor.
Please complete the form below to commit to participate and pay the participation fee. All transactions will be securely processed through PayPal.